What's New in Release 7.0.7
XLL+ 7.0.7 is a full release, which replaces all earlier versions
of XLL+ 7. You should uninstall any earlier versions of XLL+ 7, including XLL+
7.0.6, before you can install this release. It contains the following enhancements and fixes:
- E00261 NEW - Visual Studio 2015
- A new version has been released which supports Visual Studio 2015.
- E00259 NEW - Compiler warnings
- Changes have been made to the run-time libraries and to the code templates to remove as many as possible of the level 4 warnings which occur when W4 is specified. Additionally, the sample applications' generated code has been updated where necessary.
- E00260 NEW - Full text search in help
- Generated help can now contain full text search, by means of the new FullTextSearch attribute of the Help element in the help control file.
- E00262 NEW - UseTimer sample
- The UserTimer sample has been amended to show how to cancel scheduled events.
- F00164 FIX - CXlOper constructor for string arguments
- Null pointer arguments for the CXlOper string constructors caused an exception. The constructors now treat null pointers as empty strings.
- F00165 FIX - CXlOper::MakeRef and CXlFuncs::Indirect for addresses containing only a sheet name and cell address
- In Excel versions since Excel 2010, the INDIRECT function causes a memory write error when called from the SDK with addresses that include the sheet name but not the book name, e.g. "Sheet1!A1". A work-around has been added to CXlOper::MakeRef and CXlFuncs::Indirect to prevent this error.
- F00166 FIX - Function Wizard writes bad C++ code for extended types
- When using extended types on some installations of Visual Studio 2012 and 2013, the #include statements are placed at the top of the cpp file, when they should be inserted after all existing #include lines. This behavior has been fixed.
- F00167 FIX - Code in help had no line breaks
- Under some configurations, the code quoted in the XLL+ help had no line breaks. This has been fixed.
- F00168 FIX - CXllApp::PrefixFunctions
- Method CXllApp::PrefixFunctions() was missing from the run-time libraries. This has been fixed.
- F00169 FIX - Upgrade Wizard did not upgrade command line for Ribbon registration
- When upgrading projects created in an earlier version of Visual Studio, the XLL+ upgrade wizard failed to upgrade the command line for the ribbon registration program, XlpRibbonReg.exe, to use the path for the new Visual Studio version. This behavior has been fixed.
- F00170 FIX - CXlMacros::Note() failed with error 4
- The function CXlMacros::Note() was failing. This behavior has been fixed. Calls to Note() have been added to the CreateBook sample project.
- F00171 FIX - XlpRibbonServer.reg fails on 64-bit operating systems
- A new version of the ribbon server registration file, XlpRibbonServer64.reg, has been supplied, for use on 64-bit operating systems.
- F00172 FIX - CLR projects are created with .NET 4 as the runtime
- CLR projects are created with .NET 4 as the target runtime. The documentation now describes how to change the CLR version targeted.
See What's new in XLL+
7.0 for full details.